Saturday, May 20, 2006

Grails: Back from JavaOne / Codehaus Status

Well I'm back from JavaOne which went fantastically well (despite a minor hickup in the Eclipse demo!). Grails was well received and there seemed to be a lot of interest which is excellent. I met some interesting people, like members of the Hibernate and Spring teams and many of the IDE developers like those from JDeveloper, NetBeans etc. showed an interest in developing plug-ins for Grails which is excellent news.

I will be posting the slides I presented at JavaOne shortly, in the meantime though just a bit of a status update with regards to the Codehaus servers. It is damn annoying that the server went down over JavaOne and I don't want those who attended the session to lose interest.

Currently though the mailing lists, CVS, and the website are down. The Codehaus team are working as hard as they can to restore the site, I will post further updates when all services are working again, in the meantime if you want to get hold of Grails you can still download the snapshot builds from the Canoo build server and the Wiki is still available for the documentation.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I commented a bit on Oracle's endorsement and support for Grails and it's importance from an interview with Tugdual at Java One, on the new InfoQ Enterprise Software Community:
http://infoq.com/news/Oracle-helps-Groovy-and-Grails

Anonymous said...

I am so happy to get some Atlantica online Gold and the Atlantica Gold is given by my close friend
who tells me that the Atlantica online money is the basis to enter into the game. Therefore, I should buy Atlantica online Gold with the spare money and I gain some cheap Atlantica online Gold from other players.