Thursday, June 14, 2007

Open Letter to Google: Fix Gmail on Safari

Dear Google,

I'm a regular Gmail user on the Mac. I love Gmail, but I'm torn because I love Safari too. Now that Safari 3 beta is out I feel particularily left out because Gmail is so fundamentally broken on Safari. Maybe there are some deep technical reasons why Gmail doesn't work in Safari 2, but I hope that they can be addressed on Safari 3. So Google, please, please address the following issues so I don't have to keep using Camino for Gmail:
  • The back button - this is the most annoying and it is fundamentally broken on Safari. It keeps taking you back to the loading screen. Please fix this it makes Gmail on Safari unusable
  • Google Chat - this simply disappears on Safari. Please enable this feature as it too cripples Gmail
With these two problems recitified I would have entered Gmail on Mac nirvana and with Apple and Google's apparent close working relationship these issues should really be addressed otherwise Steve's claim of Safari being the best browser in the world (although this is clearly part of the Jobs reality distortion field) just doesn't hold true and neither does Google's commitment to Apple.

Regards,
Graeme Rocher

4 comments:

Marc Palmer said...

File a bug report via the built in option on the Safari menu.

They need to fix FCKEditor too, pronto. Wordpress content editing is useless in Safari as the editor is totally broken.

However part of me wonders if its not necessarily Safari problems but the way people are doing their JS magic.

Anonymous said...

Open Letter to Graeme Rocher: don't press the back button. ;-)

Graeme Rocher said...

LOL, that is no answer and you know it!

Anonymous said...

I always heard something from my neighbor that he sometimes goes to the internet bar to play the game which will use him some shadow of legend Gold,he usually can win a lot of sol gold,then he let his friends all have some cheap shadow of legend Gold,his friends thank him very much for introducing them the shadow of legend money,they usually buy shadow of legend Gold together.