Monday, October 09, 2006

Grails making Java developers happy

Update: Even more great comments!

It is great when you get posts like this on the Grails user list. To go with all the other great posts about Grails:


"I just want to congratulate all the people who worked and are working
on Grails. I am new to Groovy and Grails but for me coming from Java,
it seems the way to go.

I saw a client last Thursday, he gave me the requirements for a small
application, I felt that I could manage to have a prototype ready
within a week with Grails, even without knowing too much about it
(almost nothing actually beside reading the articles and done the
"book" tutorial). I started to work on it Saturday morning, trying to
find my bearings all morning within the web documentation and the
"Groovy in Action" book. I started to write the domain classes in the
afternoon, got the CRUD pages working for 3 domain classes to my
satisfaction on Saturday evening. I worked on the page flow, business
logic and page layout most of the day Sunday and the prototype was
ready at 6PM on Sunday! Sweeeeeet!!!!

I just spent 3 months on a JSF-Spring-iBatis application that I could
probably have done in about 1 month with Grails. The "code noise
reduction" is impressive and the development cycle is very quick. I had
to restart the application only when I changed the domain classes,
otherwise it's a simple reload of the web page to see the change.

I am VERY impressed by Grails and the level of support that the team is
providing. Thanks so much to make that possible. Keep up the fantastic
work. I hope one day I will be able to help."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It is the Entropiauniverse ped which make me very happy these days, my brother says Entropia Universe Gold is his favorite games gold he likes, he usually buy some Entropia Universe Money to start his game and most of the time he will win the Buy Entropia Universe Gold back and give me some cheap Entropiauniverse ped to play the game.